Chocolate? VEGAN CHOCOLATE.

Ah, I haven't written in a while. I've been busy jobsearching. I have gotten an interview for a position in the print center at Office Max, which would be nice because it would utilize my experience with Photoshop and other such things.
Actually I will have to admit that I have also been very distracted by two things. One is that I started watching BBC's Sherlock last week and didn't stop until I was done with the Reichenbach Fall (Season 2 Finale). The second is that I got sucked into Tumblr. I have a site there now, where I post a lot of pictures of animals and vegan stuff amongst other random things. It is a major time-vacuum and I really need to get some self-discipline back soon x_x

ANYWAY. Speaking of self-discipline. This post is about chocolate.


This, my friends, is a Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cup, and it is just as good if not better than a Reese's. And it's Vegan. Danielle got it for me for Christmas, along with a few other vegan chocolate delicacies.

Justin's has some amazing vegan nut butter products. We were first introduced to them when we found a jar of Chocolate Hazelnut Butter at Deals Only. It was so good, not too sweet, but rich and chocolatey and hazelnutty. A bit harder to spread than Nutella but I think, for someone who truly loves hazelnut and chocolate, it's probably better than Nutella. And Nutella isn't vegan, so...
They also have some other nut butters, peanut and almond. Not all of those flavors are Vegan so you have to check the ingredients. They're a bit much if you buy it full price in the store, so I'm glad I have a discount grocery place that gets it from time to time, but it's a real quality product. If you can't find it in a store near you, Justin's has an Amazon Store where you can buy the nut butters in packs of three.

On a fairly related note, we recently tried out some chocolate chip cookie mix that had been sitting in our cupboard for ages. It was another Deals Only find, this time from Cherrybrook Kitchen. Apparently, Cherrybrook Kitchen specializes in hypo-allergenic dessert mixes, so they have gluten-free stuff, vegan stuff, peanut-free stuff, etc. This one wasn't gluten-free, but it WAS Vegan!

Danielle couldn't seem to stop eating these; apparently they're the best chocolate chip cookies she's ever had. Something about them just really hit the spot with her, and I liked them a lot too. They were actually better than the ones we made from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar... o_o I know, blasphemy, but it's true. We'll be on the lookout for more of this stuff.

Questions about where to find Vegan Chocolate Chips? I have seen some at SOME regular grocery stores, and I've heard that Safeway sells them. If you can't find them at a mainstream grocery store, I would suggest looking at your local health food store, or natural grocer, OR looking to buy it on the internet. There are a few different brands...

Speaking of chocolate is reminding me 1) that I need to do a post about these delicious fudgy no-bake cookies that we made, and 2) that for the past week or so I've been really wanting some Tempt Chocolate Fudge hemp-milk ice cream. That stuff is so good, it's like a fudgesicle. Especially good with peanut butter. I also like mixing it with warm berries or berry jam...

0 comments:

Post a Comment